Boundary Element Method for Laminar Viscous Flow and Convective Diffusion Problems
The viscous flow problems has been analyzed extensively by Wu and his coworkers (1976) using boundary integral equation method. The application of the direct boundary element method for viscous flow problems was discussed by Brebbia and Wrobel (1978) based on Laplace-Poisson equation formulation. Khader (1983) showed boundary element solutions of laminar developed duct flows of the viscous fluid.
KeywordsBoundary Element Stream Function Boundary Element Method Boundary Integral Equation Internal Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Brebbia, C.A. and Wrobel, L.C., Applications of Boundary Elements in Fluid Flow. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Finite Elements in Water Resources, Imperial College, London, July, 4.67–4.85, Pentech Press, 1978Google Scholar
- 3.Farooq, M.U. and Kuwabara, S., Analysis for the Heat Convection Problems by Integral Equation Technique. RIMS Kokyuroku 477, 145—166, Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Kyoto University, 1983Google Scholar
- 5.Khader, M.S., A Surface Integral Numerical Solution for Laminar Developed Duct Flow. Journal of Applied Mechanics, Transactions of the ASME 48,695–700, 1983Google Scholar
- 6.Matsunashi, J., Applications of Boundary Element Method to Convection-Diffusion Problems (in Japanese). Proceedings of the 4th Symposium on Finite Element Methods in Flow Problems, JUSE, October, Tokyo, 145–152, 1983Google Scholar
- 8.Wu, J.C. and Wahbah, M., Numerical Solution of Viscous Flow Equations Using Integral Representations. Lecture Notes in Physics 59, Springer-Verlag, 1976Google Scholar