CW-Laser Annealing of CdTe Epitaxial Layers
The potential of laser irradiation for the modification of semiconductor properties has been intensively explored and used in the last years. In silicon the basic mechanisms underlying the various applications from annealing of the lattice damage to crystal growth are now understood in principle [1,2]. In compound semiconductors, however, the understanding is meagre and the results are still somewhat contradictory. The laser treatment may change the surface composition because of the difference in vapour pressure of the components. This makes the results and their interpretation more complicated. On the other hand, laser annealing is an attractive alternative to overcome the problems inherent in conventional furnace processing of compound semiconductors like compound decomposition, compensation, limited solubility of dopants, etc.
KeywordsFurnace Helium GaAs Resi Posit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Bertolotti, G. Vitali: “Laser Annealing of Semiconductors”, in Current Topics in Materials Science, Vol. 8 (North Holland 1982), p 95Google Scholar
- 2.J. Gotzlich, H. Ryssel: this volumeGoogle Scholar
- 9.L.J. Van der Pauw: Philips Res. Repts. 13, 1 (1958)Google Scholar
- 13.N.V. Agrinskaya, E.D. Krymova: Soviet Phys.-Semicond. 6, 1537 (1973)Google Scholar
- 16.J. Schuller, D. As, W. Faschinger, K. Lischka, L. Palmetshofer, H. Sitter, W. Jantsch: Paper to be presented at the 13th Int. Conf. on Defects in Semiconductors, Coronado (1984)Google Scholar