Femtosecond Studies of Intraband Relaxation of Semiconductors and Molecules
In this talk we present a summary of our studies of the ultrafast relaxation dynamics of hot carriers in semiconductors  and of highly excited dye molecules in solution  using the equal pulse correlation technique . These intraband processes occur on timescales comparable to the pulsewidths generated by current femtosecond (fs) technology, and hence present difficulties in extracting their relaxation times due to the presence of slow relaxation processes and of the coherent artifact.
KeywordsAnisotropy Ethylene Glycol Coherence GaAs Iodide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D.J. Erskine, A.J. Taylor and C.L. Tang, Appl. Phys. Lett. (July 1984).Google Scholar
- 2.A.J. Taylor, D.J. Erskine and C.L. Tang, Chem. Phys. Lett. 103 430 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.A.J. Taylor, D.J. Erskine and C.L. Tang, Appl. Phys. Lett. 43, 989 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.B.S. Wherrett, A.L. Smirl and T.F. Bogess, IEEE J. Quantum Elec. 19, 680 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.E.O. Kane, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 1, 249 (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Laubereau and W. Kaiser, Rev. Mod. Phys. 50, 607 (1978).Google Scholar