Novel Method of Waveform Evaluation of Ultrashort Optical Pulses
For the measurement of ultrashort optical pulses SHG auto-correlation method has been most popularly used [1,2]. For this case, an adequate pulse shape such as sech2, Gauss, etc., is presumed and then the correlation width is converted into the pulsewidth. Since one SHG correlation curve does not correspond identically to one pulse waveform, this method includes inevitable ambiguity and is, particularly, not applicable to the pulse with unfamiliar or unanticipa waveform.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D.J. Bradley and G.H.C. News, Proc. IEEE 62, 313 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.E.P. Ippen and C.V. Shank, Ultrashort LiqFE Pulses ed. by S.L. Shapiro (Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1977) Chap. 3.Google Scholar
- 3.P.-T. Ho, L.A. Glasser, E.P. Ippen and H.A. Haus, Appl. Phys. Lett. 33, 241 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.P.L. Liu, Chinlon Lin, T.C. Damen, and D.J. Eilenberger, Picosecond Phenomena II ed. by R.M. Hochstrasser, W. Kaiser, and C.V. Shank ( Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1980 ).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Kobayashi and T. Sueta, Oyo Butsuri, 50, 951 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.J.C. Diels, E. VanStryland, D. Gold, Picosecond Phenomena ed. by C.V. Shank, S.L. Shapiro and E.P. Ippen ( Springer, Berlin, 1978 ).Google Scholar