Stimulated VUV Radiation from HD Excited by a Picosecond ArF* Laser
- 123 Downloads
Stimulated emission on E,F → B, B → X, and C → X transitions of HD is observed following two-photon excitation in the E,F state with a picosecond ArF* laser. The efficiency of the strongest B → X line is u ~ 1%. Electron collisions are found to play an important role for C → X emissions.
KeywordsWavelength Conversion Electron Collision Vacuum Ultraviolet Defense Advance Research Project Agency Stimulate Emission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Srinivasan, H. Egger, H. Pummer, C. K. Rhodes: Generation of extreme ultraviolet radiation at 79 nm by sum frequency mixing. J. Quantum Electron. QE-19,1270 (1983)Google Scholar
- 2.T. Srinivasan, Generation of Coherent Vacuum Ultraviolet and Extreme Ultraviolet Radiation, Thesis (Univ. of Illinois at Chicago 1983 ) pp. 24–27Google Scholar
- 8.P. Quadrelli: Nichtadiabatische Kopplungen in Angeregten Zuständen des Wasserstoffmolekuls, Thesis (ETH Zurich, No. 7319, 1983 )Google Scholar
- 9.Private Communication: Computer calculation by Louis DiMauro at AT&T Bell Laboratories using parameters from Constants of Diatomic Molecules by K. P. Huber and G. HerzbergGoogle Scholar
- 10.G. Herzberg: Spectra of Diatomic Molecules ( Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York 1950 )Google Scholar
- 11.T. Srinivasan, H. Egger, T. S. Luk, H. Pummer, C. K. Rhodes: The influence of the optical stark shift on the two-photon excitation of the molecular hydrogen E,F 1Eg state. IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-19, 1874 (1983)Google Scholar