Quantitative SIMS Analysis of Metastable Plagioclase in Boggild Intergrowth
Quantitative SIMS data can be obtained either by using working curve methods based both on combined secondary ion microprobe and electron microprobe analyses [1, 2] or using various methods of purifying of each isotopic peak . Although almost all SIMS studies on geological samples are made on natural and synthesized crystals and glasses, few applications to metastable minerals showing exsolved microstructure are found mainly because of difficulty in explanation of inhomogeneity of the surface and the formation process.
KeywordsSilicate Petrol Estima Semet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Miúra and T. Tomisaka, American Mineralogist 63 584 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Miúra and J.C. Rucklidge, American Mineralogist 64, 1272 (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Miúra, Third NATO-ASI on Feldspars, Feldspathoids and their Pangenesis, with Programme and Abstract (Rennes), 27 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Miúra, Proc. Lunar and Planetary Sci., 13th (Houston) 2, 524 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Miúra, Proc. Lunar and Planetary Sci., 14th (Houston) 2, 503 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Miúra, Mem. Natl Inst. Polar Res., Spec. Issue (1983) (In press).Google Scholar