Phonon Scattering at Electronically Degenerative Systems: An Application to the Defect Systems Si(In), Si(B), and GaAs(Mn)
Phonon scattering experiments at the Г8 ground state of acceptors in cubic semiconductors as Si(In), Si(B), and GaAs(Mn) show a specific resonance structure in the meV range , , which can be explained by a dynamical Jahn-Teller effect .However, due to the large extension of the defect wave function (5–15 Å) the influence of random internal fields is reinforced, which causes a static splitting of the Г8 state. We present a first step to a unified description of the phonon scattering processes including the influences of static fields together with the dynamical electron-phononinteraction.
KeywordsGaAs Reso Acoustics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Holland, M.G., Proc. 7th Int. Conf. Semicond., Paris (1964) Schad, Hp., Laßmann, K., Phys. Lett. 56A, 409 (1976)Google Scholar
- 2.de Combarieu, A., Laßmann, K., in: Phonon Scattering in Solids, New York (1976)Google Scholar
- 3.Sigmund, E., Laßmann, K., in: Phonon Scattering in Cond. Matter New York (1980)Google Scholar
- 4.Sigmund, E., Laßmann, K., phys. stat. sol.(b) 111, 631 ( 1982 ) Maier, J., Sigmund, E., to be published (1983)Google Scholar
- 7.Salce, B., private communication (1982)Google Scholar