Part of the NATO ASI Series book series (volume 10)
Simulation Model Validation
This chapter presents the state of the art in model validation and some research topics in validation.
KeywordsModel Validation Acceptable Range Model Iteration Validation Technique Operational Validity
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Balci, O. (1981), “Statistical Validation of Multivariate Response Simulation Models,” Ph.D. Dissertation, Syracuse University.Google Scholar
- Balc, O. and R.G. Sargent (1980), “Bibliography on Validation of Simulation Models,” Newsletter of TIMS College on Simulation and Gaming, 4, 2, pp. 11–15.Google Scholar
- Balci, O. and R.G. Sargent (1981b), A Methodology for Validating Multivariate Response Simulation Models by Using Simultaneous Confidence Intervals, Working Paper No. 81–009, Dept. of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, Syracuse University.Google Scholar
- Balci, O. and R.G. Sargent (1982), “Validation of Multivariate Response Simulation Models by Using Hotelling’s Two-Sample T2 Test,” forthcoming in Simulation.Google Scholar
- Henize, J. (1983), “Critical Issues in Evaluating Socio-economic Models,” in this book.Google Scholar
- Ören, T. (1983), “Quality Assurance in Modelling and Simulation: A Taxonomy,” in this book.Google Scholar
- Sargent, R.G. (1979), “Validation of Simulation Models,” Proceedings of 1979 Winter Simulation Conference, edited by Highland, H.J., et al., San Diego, CA, pp. 497–503.Google Scholar
- Sargent, R.G. (1981), “An Assessment Procedure and a Set of Criteria for Use in the Evaluation of Computerized Models and Computer-Based Modelling Tools,” Final Technical Report RADC-TR-80–409.Google Scholar
- Sargent, R.G. (1982), “Verification and Validation of Simulation Models,” Chapter IX in Progress in Modelling and Simulation, edited by F.E. Cellier, Academic Press (London), pp. 159–169.Google Scholar
- Shannon, R.E. (1975), Systems Simulation: The Art and the Science, Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Zeigler, B.P. (1976), Theory of Modelling and Simulation, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1984