Anharmonic Properties Near Structural Phase Transitions: An Update
Upon preparing these two lectures, I reread the manuscript on the two subjects I presented at the NATO Spring School in Norway in 1981  (sometimes referred to as I hereafter). Having done this, I concluded that the context in which they were given and the presentation made were not only “still” really valid, but that possibly I could not even do better now. However, in the two intervening years which have elapsed since that NATO School, a number of new results have been published which have helped to round off the picture given then. Therefore, I decided to write an update, that is, to briefly comment on the status as it was in 1981 on a particular subject, and then to summarize what is new since then, or was forgotten at that time. If no new results have become available either theoretically or experimentally, I shall not refer to those subjects here. In so doing, I hope to keep the length of my update to that prescribed by the organizers of the Workshop.
KeywordsAnisotropy Titanate Chlorine Soliton Fluorite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K.Alex Müller: “Anharmonic Properties near Structural Phase Transitions” in “Nonlinear Phenomena at Phase Transitions and Instabilities” (Plenum, 1982) p. 1Google Scholar
- 10.K.A. Müller: “Intrinsic and Extrinsic Central-Peak Properties near Structural Phase Transitions” in “Dynamical Critical Phenomena and Related Topics”, Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 104 (Springer, Berlin 1979) p. 211Google Scholar
- 11.See the lecture notes in this issueGoogle Scholar
- 20.R. Kind, K.A. Müller: Commun. Phys. 1, 223 (1976)Google Scholar
- 22.K.A. Müller, Y. Luspin, J.L. Servoin, F. Gervais: J. Phys. (Paris) 43, L-537 (1982)Google Scholar
- 25.A.V. Turik: Sov. Phys. Solid State 24, 351 (1982) and references thereinGoogle Scholar
- 38.J.A. Sanjurio, E. Lopez-Cruz, G. Burns: private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 39.R.L. Armstrong: Physics Report 57, 393 (1983)Google Scholar
- 45.P. Simon, J.J. Rousseau, J.Y. Buzaré: to appear (1983)Google Scholar
- 46.J.Y. Buzaré, M. Rousseau, J.C. Fayet: J. Phys. (Paris) 38, L-354 (1977)Google Scholar