Anharmonic Properties Near Structural Phase Transitions: An Update
Upon preparing these two lectures, I reread the manuscript on the two subjects I presented at the NATO Spring School in Norway in 1981  (sometimes referred to as I hereafter). Having done this, I concluded that the context in which they were given and the presentation made were not only “still” really valid, but that possibly I could not even do better now. However, in the two intervening years which have elapsed since that NATO School, a number of new results have been published which have helped to round off the picture given then. Therefore, I decided to write an update, that is, to briefly comment on the status as it was in 1981 on a particular subject, and then to summarize what is new since then, or was forgotten at that time. If no new results have become available either theoretically or experimentally, I shall not refer to those subjects here. In so doing, I hope to keep the length of my update to that prescribed by the organizers of the Workshop.
KeywordsCentral Peak Structural Phase Transition Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance Soft Mode Ferroelectric Phase Transition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K.Alex Müller: “Anharmonic Properties near Structural Phase Transitions” in “Nonlinear Phenomena at Phase Transitions and Instabilities” (Plenum, 1982) p. 1Google Scholar
- 10.K.A. Müller: “Intrinsic and Extrinsic Central-Peak Properties near Structural Phase Transitions” in “Dynamical Critical Phenomena and Related Topics”, Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 104 (Springer, Berlin 1979) p. 211Google Scholar
- 11.See the lecture notes in this issueGoogle Scholar
- 20.R. Kind, K.A. Müller: Commun. Phys. 1, 223 (1976)Google Scholar
- 22.K.A. Müller, Y. Luspin, J.L. Servoin, F. Gervais: J. Phys. (Paris) 43, L-537 (1982)Google Scholar
- 25.A.V. Turik: Sov. Phys. Solid State 24, 351 (1982) and references thereinGoogle Scholar
- 38.J.A. Sanjurio, E. Lopez-Cruz, G. Burns: private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 39.R.L. Armstrong: Physics Report 57, 393 (1983)Google Scholar
- 45.P. Simon, J.J. Rousseau, J.Y. Buzaré: to appear (1983)Google Scholar
- 46.J.Y. Buzaré, M. Rousseau, J.C. Fayet: J. Phys. (Paris) 38, L-354 (1977)Google Scholar