Real-Time Measurement of Two-Phase Flow Turbulence Using a Dual-Sensor Anemometry
A newly-developed device using a dual-sensor film probe (a miniature X-type fiber film probe) is described for a real-time measurement of multi-dimensional turbulence in gas-liquid two-phase flows. Particular emphases are directed towards developing a hardware method of phase-detection and -separation in CTA signal processings. Results obtained appear quite successful and promising at the moment. The system and the methods for signal processing proposed in this study have a wide applicability to two-phase flow measurements.
KeywordsVoid Fraction Liquid Velocity Bubbly Flow Turbulent Shear Stress Present Device
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aoki, S., 1982, Turbulent diffusivity in two-phase bubbly flow, M.S. thesis, Kyoto Univ. (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- Gourdon, C., Costes, J. and Domenech, S., 1981, Triple hot-film probe calibration in water, DISA Information, No. 26, 19–22.Google Scholar
- Hinze, J.0., 1959, “Turbulence”, McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Lance, M., 1979, Contribution a l’etude de la turbulence dans la phase liquide des ecoulments a bulles, Dissertation, L’Universite Claude Bernard De Lyon.Google Scholar
- ture of a co-current air-water bubbly flow Proc. ANS/ASME/NRC International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal-Hydraulics, Oct. 5–8, 1980, Saratoga Springs, New York,pp.1363–1383.Google Scholar
- Lance, M. and Bataille, J., 1983, Turbulence in the liquid phase of a bubbly air-water flow Advances in Two-Phase Flow and Heat Transfer, edited by Kakac, S. and Ishii, M., Martinus Nijhoff Publishers,Vol.1, 403–427.Google Scholar
- Resch, F.J., 1972, Use of a dual-sensor hot-film probe in water flow, DISA Information, No.14, 5–10.Google Scholar
- Resch, F.J. and Leutheusser, H.J., 1972, Reynolds stress measurements in hydraulic jumps J. Hydraulic Research,Vol.10, No.4, 409–430.Google Scholar
- Resch, F.J., Leutheusser, H.J. and Alemu, S., 1974, Bubbly two-phase flow in hydraulic jump J. Hydraul. Div., Am. Soc. Civ. Engrs.,Vol.100, No.HY1, Proc. Paper 10297, 137–149.Google Scholar
- Sato, Y. and Sekoguchi, K., 1975, Liquid velocity distribution in two-phase bubbly flow Int. J. Multiphase Flow,Vol.2, 79.Google Scholar
- Serizawa, A., Kataoka, I. and Michiyoshi, I., 1975, Turbulence structure of air-water bubbly flow Int. J. Multiphase Flow,Vol.2, 221–259.Google Scholar
- Tsuda, K., Serizawa, A. and Michiyoshi, I., 1983, Development of real-time measurement of two-phase flow turbulence, Proc. 20th Nat. Heat Transfer Symp. Japan, 1983, Fukuoka, pp. 322–324.Google Scholar