Molecular Photoion Production Processes Induced by Surface Laser Radiation
The ion generation processes taking place when laser light irradiates the surface of a solid, received widespread attention during recent years. In the studies carried out in a number of laboratories laser radiation with its parameters varying over a wide range was used. The pulse duration varied from continuous wave to 10−11s, the wavelength between the IR and UV ranges and the intensity from several watts to 1011W. The action of surface laser irradiation with such different parameters must cause various processes giving rise to ions (Fig. 1). The study of these processes is of significant practical interest. Now, for example, the formation of ions stimulated by laser radiation is used in mass-spectrometric analysis of various substances—from high-melting materials to bioorganic molecules.
KeywordsQuartz Glycine Alanine Tryptophan Naphthalene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.F. Ready: Effects of High-Power Laser Radiation (Academic, New York, London 1971)Google Scholar
- 2.B.E. Knox: In Trace Analysis by Mass Spectrometry, ed. by A.J. Ahearn (Academic, New York, London 1972)Google Scholar
- 3.E. Unsold, F. Hillenkamp, R. Nitsche: Analysis 4, 115 (1976)Google Scholar
- 6.V.S. Antonov, V.S. Letokhov, A.N. Shibanov: Pis’ma Zh. Exp. Teor. Fiz. (Russian) 31, 471 (1980)Google Scholar
- 10.F. Hillenkamp: In Proceedings of the Second Workshop on Ion Formation from Organic Solids (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1982)Google Scholar
- 14.B. Schueler, F.R. Krueger: Organic Mass Spectr. 15, 295 (1980)Google Scholar
- 15.S.E. Egorov, A.N. Shibanov: Pis’ma Zh. Tekhn. Fiz. (Russian) (in press)Google Scholar
- 16.V.S. Letokhov: Kvantovaya Elektronika (Russian) 2, 930 (1975)Google Scholar
- 17.V.S. Letokhov: In Tunable Lasers and Applications, ed. by A. Mooradian, J. Jaeger, P. Stokseth, Springer Ser. Opt. Sci., Vol. 3 (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1976) p. 122Google Scholar
- 18.V.S. Letokhov, V.S. Likhachev, V.G. Movshev, S.V. Chekalin: Kvantovaya Elektronika (Russian) 9, 2117 (1982)Google Scholar
- 19.V.S. Letokhov, E.V. Khoroshilova, N.P. Kuz’mina, V.S. Letokhov, Yu.A. Matveetz, A.N. Shibanov, S.E. Egorov. In Picosecond Phenomena III, ed. by K.B. Eisenthal, R.M. Hochstrasser, W. Kaiser, A. Laubereau, Springer Ser. Chem. Phys., Vol. 23 ( Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1982) p. 310Google Scholar
- 20.V.S. Antonov, S.E. Egorov, U.S. Letokhov, A.N. Shibanov: Pis’ma Zh. Exp. Teor. Fiz. (Russian) 36, 29 (1982)Google Scholar