Model Based Analysis of Scintigraphic Image Sequences of the Human Heart
A system for the automatic analysis of scintigraphic image sequences of the human heart is described in this paper. The aim of the system is the automatic detection of motion abnormalities. The system has a modular structure consisting of four components, namely ‘Methods’, ‘Model’, ‘Instances’, and ‘Control’. The Module ‘Methods’ comprises several routines for image preprocessing and segmentation. The knowledge needed for analyzing an image sequence is contained in the module ‘Model’. The model is represented by means of a semantic network. Instances of model concepts are kept separately from the model. Each instance has the same structure as its corresponding concept. The ‘Control’ module has two principal concerns. First, it provides some means for communication between user and system. Secondly, it controls the analysis of an image sequence based on the model creating instances of model concepts.
KeywordsImage Sequence Human Heart Semantic Network Computer Vision System Semantic Component
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.K. Tsotsos, H.D. Convey, S. Zucker: A Framework For Visual Motion Understanding, in IEEE Trans. PAMI, Vol.2, 1980, 563–573Google Scholar
- Protocol of the 2nd session of the working group ‘Cardiovascular Medicine’ of the German Association for Nuclear Medicine, Frankfurt/Main, 1981Google Scholar
- H. Geffers, W.E. Adam, F. Bitter, H. Sigel, H. Kampmann: Data Processing and Functional Imaging in Radionuclide Ventriculographies in Information Processing in Medical Imaging. Proc. 5th Int. Conf., Nashville, 1978, 322–331Google Scholar
- A.R. Hanson, M.E. Riseman: A Computer System for Interpreting Scenes, in Hanson, Riseman (ed.): Computer Vision Systems, New York, 1978, 303–333Google Scholar
- G.J. Yang, T.S. Huang: Median Filters and Their Applications to Image Processing. Technical Report TR-EE 80-1. Purdue University, 1980Google Scholar
- H. Levesque, J. Mylopoulos: A Procedural Semantics for Semantic Networks, in /5/Google Scholar
- D.H. Ballard, CM. Brown, J.A. Feldman: An Approach to Knowledge-Directed Image Analysis, in /6/, 271–281Google Scholar
- L.A. Zadeh, K.S. Fu, K. Tanaka, M. Shimura (ed.): Fuzzy Sets and Their Application to Cognitive and Decision Processes. Academic Press, 1975Google Scholar