Incremental Analysis of Elasto-Plastic Shells of Revolution and its Application to Practical Design
An incremental foimulation is presented for the elastoplastic problems of shells of revolution in which the effects of large deformation are taken into account. Some simplified theories of plasticity are incorporated into the formulation. A solution procedure is proposed in which the finite difference scheme is used together with the Fourier series expansion. It is shown that the elastoplastic computation is applicable to the lifetime estimation for the low-cycle fatigue of some axisymmetric shells.
KeywordsFourier Series Expansion Fatigue Lifetime Elastoplastic Analysis Plastic Strain Range Elastoplastic Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Stricklin, J.A., et al.; Trans ASME, Ser.J, 96–2 (1974), 87.Google Scholar
- Zienkiewicz, O.C.; The Finite Element Method in Eng. Sci.,(1971).Google Scholar
- Hamada, M. and Tanaka, M.; Bull. JSME, 15–87 (1972), 1029.Google Scholar
- Sanders, J.L.,Jr.; Quart. Appl. Math., 21 (1963), 21.Google Scholar
- Hamada, M. and Tanaka, M.; under submission.Google Scholar