Comparison of Clinical Trials in Acute Myelogenous Leukaemia by use of a Mathematical Model
We describe the development and application to clinical trials of a mathematical model of patient behaviour in acute myelogenous leukamia (AML). Observed patient behaviour in a trial can be compared with predictions made by a model derived from another set of trial data and deviations from these predictions identified and assessed. This form of analysis is applicable to trials in progress, allowing early detection of trends and differences.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.PETO, R., 1978: Clinical Trial Methodology. Biomedicine 28, 24-36.Google Scholar
- 3.TUKEY, J.W.: Where do we go from here? Journal of the American Statistical Assocn. 55, 80-93.Google Scholar
- 5.BLACK, SIR DOUGLAS: The Paradox of Medical Care. Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of London. 13, 2, 57-65.Google Scholar
- 6.COONBERG, L., 1979: Do retrospective controls make clinical trials “inherently fallacious?” British Medical Journal 2365-2366.Google Scholar
- 7.ASPDEN, P., JACKSON, R.R.P., WHITEHOUSE, J.M.A., 1976: A systems approach to the evaluation of clinical trials in a specialist oncology centre. Proc. NATO Conf. Systems Science in Health Care, Paris.Google Scholar
- 9.LISTER, T.A., OLIVER, R.T.D., WHITEHOUSE, J.M.A., BELL, R., JOHNSON, S.A.N., WRIGLEY, P.F.M., FORD, J.M., CULLEN, M.H., GREGORY, W.M., PAXTON, A.M., MALPAS, J.S., Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy for Acute Myelogenous Leukaemia. Accepted by Cancer, 1979.Google Scholar
- 10.CROWTHER, D., POWLES, R.L., BATEMAN, C.J.T., BEARD, M.E.J., GANCI, C.K., WRIGLEY, P.F.M., MALPAS, J.S., HAMILTON FAIRLEY, G., BODLEY SCOTT, SIR RONALD, 1973: The Management of Adult Acute Myelogenous Leukaemia. British Medical Journal 20 January 1973, pp 131-137.Google Scholar
- 12.KEATING, M.J., BODEY, G.P., McCREDIE, K.B., FREIREICH, E.J., 1979s Five Year Survival and Remission Duration in Adult Acute Myelogenous Leukaemia (AML). Proc. A.S.C.O., C-517, p 416.Google Scholar