In the past two decades many organic compounds have been investigated by inelastic neutron scattering. Most of these studies were time of flight measurements of the incoherent scattering from hydrogen atoms in these compounds which yield the density of states weighted by the hydrogen amplitudes. In this book incoherent neutron scattering spectra of organic compounds have not been included since it is extremely difficult to deduce the proper one-phonon density of states from these spectra.
KeywordsMethane Hydrate Urea Benzene Naphthalene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 19.3H. Stiller, S. Hautecler in: Inelastic Scattering of Neutrons in Solids and Liquids, Vol..2, (IAEA, Vienna 1963) p.281Google Scholar
- 19.10W. Bührer, W. Hälg, T. Schneider in: Rep. Inst. Reaktorforsch., AF-SSP-9, Würenlingen 1967Google Scholar
- 19.13P. Martel, B.M. Powell, L.A. Vinhas in: Lattice Dynamics, ed. by M. Balkanski, (Flammarion, Paris 1978) p.494Google Scholar
- 19.16E.L. Bokhenkov, E.F. Sheka, I. Nathaniec, B. Dorner, W. Drexel in: Lattice Dynamics, ed. by M. Balkanski, (Flammarion, Paris 1978) p.471Google Scholar
- 19.17A.I. Kitaigorodski: J. Chem. Phys. 63, 9 (1966)Google Scholar