Cytokinetic Studies and Treatment Response in Adult Acute Leukemia
There is increasing emphasis on cytokinetic studies as a basis for constructing treatment programs for cancer. In the present study various pretreatment cytokinetic factors were analyzed with respect to their correlation with response to treatment and prognosis.
KeywordsLeukemia Melphalan Myeloma Thymidine Cytosine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hart, J. S., Donner, R. S., Gehan, E., Freireich, E. J.: Cellularity — A method for evaluation of marrow response to chemotherapy in adult acute leukemia (AAL). Proc. Amer. Ass. Cancer Res. 11, 34 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.Hart, J. S., George, S. L., Nickerson, R. C., Frei, E. III.: Cytokinetic studies and clinical correlations in adult acute leukemia. Blood. (In press.)Google Scholar
- 3.Killman, S. A.: The kinetics of leukemic blast cells in man. Ser. Haemat. 1, 38 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.Mauer, A. M., Saunders, E. F., Lampkin, B. C.: The nature and causes of the variability of proliferative activity in marrow cell populations in acute leukemia: The Proliferation and Spread of Neoplastic Cells, M. D. Anderson Hospital Symposium, pp. 359–368. Baltimore: William and Wilkins Co. 1968.Google Scholar
- 6.Clarkson, B., Todo, A., Ogawa, M., Gee, T., Fried, J.: Consideration of the cell cycle in chemotherapy of acute leukemia: Recent Results of Cancer Research. New York: Springer 1971.Google Scholar
- 7.Skipper, H. E.: Prediction of response to cancer therapy. Nat. Cancer Inst. Monogr. 33, pp. 2–14, 1970.Google Scholar
- 13.Alexanian, R.: Multiple Myeloma: A nine-year experience with melphalan therapy at the M. D. Anderson Hospital. Leukemia-lymphoma — The 14th annual clinical conference on Cancer, 1969, at the University of Texas, M. D. Anderson Hospital, pp. 305–316, Yearbook Publishers, 1969.Google Scholar
- 14.Hartsock, R. J., Smith, E. B., Petty, C. S.: Normal variations with aging of the amount of hematopoietic tissue in bone marrow from the anterior iliac crest. Amer. J. clin. Path. 43, 326–331 (1965).Google Scholar