Monte Carlo Simulation of the Kinetics of Martensitic-type Restacking Transitions: Dynamic Scaling and Universal Growth Exponents
Application of one-dimensional kinetic Ising model to study the kinetics of 2H to 3C, 3C to 2H, 2H to 4H and 2H to 6H restacking transitions by martensitic process is reviewed. It is shown that the characteristic length scale grows as t1/2 in the dynamic scaling regime for all these transitions in agreement with the theoretical predictions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. P. Shrestha and D. Pandey Acta Mater, in Press (1997)Google Scholar
- S. P. Shrestha and D. Pandey Proc. R. Soc.Löndon in Press (1997)Google Scholar
- D. Pandey and P Krishna, in Current Topics in Materials Science, ed. E. Kaldis (North Holland, 1982) Vol 9, 417Google Scholar
- J. Yeomans, Solid State Physics, edited by H. Ehrenreich, F. Seitz and D. Turnbull (Academic,Orlando, 1987) vol. 41.Google Scholar
- G.B. Olson and M. Cohen, Met. Trans. 7A, 1897 (1978).Google Scholar