On Atmospheric Effects on GPS Surveying
The aim of this paper is to study the atmospheric effects and the mechanics of delay of radio signals, and to search for a better approach for reducing the effects of the atmosphere on GPS surveying. The stresses of our investigations are put on cases with low elevation angles and single-frequency receivers. Several important models, widely used, are tested by direct comparison of their effects on positioning with the real GPS measurement data, instead of comparison of compensation or characteristic quantities, such as TEC, etc.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beutler, G. and I. Bauersima et al (1989). Accuracy and biases in the geodetic application of the Global Positioning System, Manuscripta Geodaetica 14: 28–35.Google Scholar
- Herring, T.A. (1992). Modelling atmospheric delay in the analysis of space geodetic data, in De Munck,J.C. and T.Spoelstra (ed):Refraction of transat mospheric signals in geodesy,N.G.C.,new series No.36.Google Scholar
- Klobuchar, J.A. (1987). Ionospheric time-delay algorithm for single-frequency GPS user, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol.AES-23, N3. 3.Google Scholar
- Langley, R.B.(1992). The effect of the ionosphere and troposphere on satellite positioning system, in De Munck, J.C. and T. Spoelstra (ed): Refraction of transatmospheric signals in geodesy,N.G.C.,new series No. 36.Google Scholar
- Newby, S.P., R.B. Langley and H.W. Janes(1990). Ionospheric modelling for single frequency users of the Global Positioning System: A status report, GPS’90, Ottawa,Canada, Sept. 3–7, 1990.Google Scholar
- Ou Jikun (1993). Atmosphere and Its Effects on GPS Surveying, Faculty of Geodesy, TU Delft.Google Scholar
- Ou Jikun (1994). Research on atmospheric effects on GPS surveying, Institute of Geodesy and Geophysics,Chinese Academy of Sciences.Google Scholar
- Saastamoinen,J.(1972–1973). Contributions to the theory of atmospheric refraction, Bull. Geode. Nos.105(pp.279–298),106(pp.383–397),107(pp.13–34).Google Scholar