GPS Kinematic Real-Time Applications in Rivers and Train
Monitoring the circulation of trains, the deformation of railway tracks, and the support of environmental studies with respect to river floods using GPS technology, is a new research task for the GPS Group at Federal University of Parana-UFPR. In cooperation with Institut fuer Erdmessung, University of Hannover — IFE HN, several tests have been performed. The first subject includes the monitoring of train’s motion between Curitiba and Paranagua in the State of Parana in South of Brazil. The distance between Curitiba and Paranagua (sea level) is about 83 km, and the height difference is about 925 m. The railway line crosses a rather steep and mountaineous area in the coastal chain. The test provided very good results, and it will be described in the poster. The second subject refers to the monitoring of railway track deformations. Special equipment, software and further tools are required to start with the investigations. The research concept will be outlined. The third study started at the Parana river in Southern Brazil. Thirty benchmarks were established at both sides of the river and on some islands to control levelling lines and the installation of river cross sections for the monitoring of the changing water level. DGPS and echosounders are used to provide the necessary data input for hydrological floods models. Another area to be studied is the Iguacu river showing high flood again in January 1995.
KeywordsClay DGPS Railcar
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ANDERSON, E. W., The Principle of Navigation, Hollis and Carter, London, 1966Google Scholar
- CLAY C., MEDWIN H., Acoustical Oceanography, John Wiley and Sons INc.,1977Google Scholar
- EBERLE, L., Satellite Navigation (GPS) in Combination with echosounding, Munich Polithechnic and CEFET, 1994Google Scholar
- FUEM/PADCT/CIAMB, Estudos Ambientais da Planicie de Inundacáo do Rio Parana no Trecho Compreendido entre a Foz do Rio Parapanema eoreservatörio de Itaipu. Maringá. Fund. Uni. Est. de Maringá. 3 v. 1993.Google Scholar
- GPS WORLD - Artigos relacionados à pesquisaGoogle Scholar
- HAYNES, G. Sound Underwater, David and Charles ( Holdings) Ltd., London, 1974Google Scholar
- HOFMANN-WELLENHOF B.,Real Time GPS: an Application for Railway Engineering. Book of Abstracts. Beijing,China, 1993.Google Scholar
- INGHAM, A. E., Sea Surveying, North East London Polithechnic, William Clowes & Sons Ltd., London, 1975Google Scholar
- SEEBER,G. - SATELLITE GEODESY, Foundations, Methods and Applications. Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, 1993.Google Scholar