DNA Sequence analysis of the PCR Products of the MCT118 locus in Japanese DNA Samples
MCT118 (D1S80) locus is widely used for forensic DNA typing. Many population studies have been reported by using allelic ladder marker. However, the whole DNA sequences of each allele of MCT118 locus have not been reported. In this report the whole DNA sequence of MCT118 locus including both flanking regions and repeat regions has been revealed and the difference between different alleles has been analyzed.
KeywordsMigration Phenol DMSO Agarose Bromide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baechtel F S, Smerick J B, Presley K W, Budowle B (1993) Multigenerational amplification of a reference ladder for alleles at locus D1S80. J Forens Sci 38:1176–1182Google Scholar
- Budowle B, Baechtel F S, Smerick J B, Presley K W, Giusti A M, Parsons G, Alevy M C, Chakraborty R (1995) D1S80 Population Data in African Americans, Caucasians, Southeastern Hispanics, Southwestern Hispanics, and Orientals. J Forens Sci 40: 38–44Google Scholar
- Kasai K, Nakamura Y, White R (1990) Amplification of a variable number of tandem repeats (VNTR) locus (pMCT118) by the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and its application to forensic science. J Forens Sci 35: 1196–1200Google Scholar
- Perkin Elmer (1993) AmpliFLP D1S80 PCR Amplification Kit, 1–20Google Scholar
- Sakai I, Kasai K, Yoshida K, Mukoyama H (1991) An Improved Method for DNA isolation From Human Bloodstains and Typing of the Isolated DNA Using Single Locus VNTR Probes. Reports Nat Res Inst Pol Sci 44: 36–49Google Scholar
- Sekiguchi K, Ikuko S, Mizuno N, Yoshida K, Kasai K, Sato H, Sueshige S (1994) Sequence analysis and characterization of allelic ladder on MCT118 locus. DNA polymorphism 2: 77–81Google Scholar