D1S80 alleles in the Wielkopolska (Poland) population
Samples of venous blood were taken on KDTA from unrelated blood donors. PICA was extracted using phenol-chlorophorm technique. DNA content was estimated by agarose gel electrophoresis by comparison with DPA standard and adjusted to 1 ng/μl using bidestilled water. Amplification (Band et al 1992) of the D1S80 locus was carried out using 1–2 ng template and the primers described by Pudowle et al (1991). Temperature profile: denaturation 95°C, 60 s, extension 72°C, 240 s, annealing 65°C, 60 s, 27 cycles in Triothermo-block (Biometra). Separation of the fragnents was accomplished using discontinuous gel electrophoresis (Allen et al 11989). The amplified alleles were visualised by silver staining. The allelic ladder consisted of 20 alleles and was run every third electrophoretic lane. The obtained allele frequencies were compared with those for other populations, obtained using a similar technique (Skowasch et al 1992, Deka et al 1994, Kloosternan et al 1993, Miścicka-Śliwka et al 1994, Nu En Huang et al 1994, Huber and Holz 1994, Martinez-Jaretta et al 1994, Pawłowski 1995). In the cases where the results were published in the graph form, counts of alleles of individual types were calculated on the basis of allele frequencies and. the total numbers of analysed alleles.
KeywordsPolish Population Bhattacharyya Distance Allelic Ladder VNTR Locus Tandem Repeat Locus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Budowle B, Chakraborty R ET ALś(1991) Analysis of the variable number of tandem repeat locus D1580 by the PCR followed by high resolution PAGE. Am.J. Hum.Genetics 48:137–144Google Scholar
- Greenacre MJ (1984), Theory and applications of correspondence analysis, Academic Press, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Mardia KV, Kent JT, Bibby JM (1979), Multivariate analysis. Academic Press, London.Google Scholar
- Martinez-Jarreta B, Almuzara I, et al (1994), AMPFLP analysis in the VNTR locus D1S80 in Asturias (North-Werst Spain). Acta Med Leg 44:67–69.Google Scholar
- Miscicka-Śliwka D, Syroczyńska A et al, (1994), Investigation of D1S80 VNTR locus in a Polish population, Acta Med Leg 44:72–73.Google Scholar
- Pawlowski et al (1995), private communication.Google Scholar