Computed Tomography Diagnosis and Staging for Cancer of Urinary Bladder
In recent years computed tomography (CT) has been used not only for diagnosis but also for staging of bladder tumors, because staging is very important in accessing prognosis and in therapy planning [1–3]. The aim of this study is to investigate thin-section CT imaging for the detection of bladder cancer and increase the accuracy of staging by CT.
KeywordsLymphoma Adenocarcinoma Amyloidosis Papillary Tumor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Amendola MA, Glazer GM, Grossman HB et al. (1986) Staging of bladder carcinoma: MRI-CT-surgical correlation. AJR 146: 1179Google Scholar
- 3.Bryan PJ, Bulter HE, Lipuma JP et al. (1987) CT and MR imaging in staging bladder neoplasms. JCAT 11: 96Google Scholar
- 4.Hricak H. (1990) Imaging of the Urinary bladder and prostate gland. Monographs in Urology 11: 70Google Scholar
- 6.Husband JE (1985) Staging of bladder and prostate cancer, in Walsh JW Computed tomography of the pelvis. New York, Churchill Livingstone P135Google Scholar
- 7.Wood DP, Lorig JR, Pontes JE, et al. (1988) The role of magnetic resonance imaging in the staging of bladder carcinoma. J Urology 140: 741Google Scholar
- 8.Kraus W, Schild HH (1992) Urinary Bladder, in Schild HH, Computed tomography in urology. New York, Georg Thieme Verlag Stuttgart, P226Google Scholar
- 9.Hricak H, (1991) MRI of the pelvis. London, Martin Dunitz, P417Google Scholar