Additional Cyclic Hardening of metals under Tension-Torsion and Triaxial Tension-Compression Loadings
The additional cyclic hardening due to the nonproportionality of the loading has been shown for the first time by H. Lamba and O. Sidebottom, . These first experimental results have clearly shown that the constitutive models developed from uniaxial experiments were not able to predict the behavior of metals under complex loadings. Since, a great number of experiments have been made in order to understand the hardening and the softening of metals under multiaxial loadings, , , , . Now, a lot of phenomenological models of elasto-plasticity have been proposed for the description of the additional cyclic hardening under complex paths. In all cases, the authors consider that out of phase tension-torsion test leads to the maximum hardening, , , . This hypothesis is now controversial. On one hand, some experimental data obtained, on a Nickel-Base alloy (waspaloy), with “butterfly” loading path, , exhibit a higher hardening than the one corresponding to a 90 deg. out-of-phase path. On the other hand, some simulations made with a micromechanical model due to G. Cailletaud lead for some very complex loading paths to a very high cyclic hardening, again higher than the one corresponding to an out-of-phase path.
KeywordsTriaxial Test Strain Path Equivalent Plastic Strain Cyclic Hardening Cyclic Plasticity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. Tanaka, S. Murakami, M. Ooka, “Effects of strain paths shapes on Nonproportional Cyclic Plasticity”, J. Mech. Phys. Solids, Vol.29 (1986), pp.559–575.Google Scholar
- A. Abdul-Latif, “Approches multi-echelles pour la description de l’anélasticité avec endommagement”, Thèse de Doctorat (1994), Paris 6.Google Scholar
- P. Pilvin, “Approches multiechelles pour la prévision du comportement anélastique des métaux”, Thèse de Doctorat (1990), Paris 6.Google Scholar
- G. Cailletaud, “Une Approche micromécanique phénoménologique du comportement inélastique des métaux”, Thèse de Doctorat d’État (1987), Paris 6.Google Scholar
- A. Benallal, D. Marquis, “An Experimental Investigation of Cyclic Hardening of 316 SS Under Complex Multiaxial Loadings”, Proc. of the 9th SMIRT conf., paper L 10/3 (1987).Google Scholar