Quasi-Gasdynamic Equations and Computer Simulation of Rarefied Gas Flows
A QGD system of equations for describing viscous, heat-conducting gas flows, is presented. The correlation beween the QGD model and the traditional NS one is discussed. The validity of the QGD approach is examined by numerical simulation of the shock wave structure.
Key wordsGasdynamics Rarefied gas Numerical simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alexeev BV (1987) Hydrodynamic equations in the kinetic theory of gases with chemical reactions. J. Comput. Mathem. and Mathem. Phys. 27, 5: 730–740Google Scholar
- Aristov VV, Tcheremissine FG (1982) Shock structure in dilute gas for power-law interaction potentials. Proc. USSR Acad. Sci., Mech. of Gases and Fluids. 6: 179–183Google Scholar
- Elizarova TG, Sheretov YuV (1990) About the shock-like solutions for quasi-gasdynamic equations. Preprint of Institute of Apl. Mathematics RAN, N 156 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Elizarova TG, Chetverushkin BN, Sheretov YuV (1992) Quasi-gasdynamic equations and computer simulation of viscous gas flows. In: Lecture Notes in Phys., N 414. Proc. 13-Intern. Conf. on Numer. Meth. in Fluid Dynamics, Rome, Italy, p. 421–425Google Scholar
- Gerasimov BP, Elizarova TG (1985) Modelization of flows in a wide range of Knudsen numbers. Preprint of Institute of Apl. Mathematics RAN, N 113 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Graur IA, Elizarova TG, Sheretov YuV (1992) Shock structure simulation based on quasigasdynamic equations. Moscow, Nat. Cent. Math. Model. preprint N 42 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Klimontovitch YuL (1992) On the necessity and possibility of the united description of kinetic and hydrodynamic processes. J. Theoretical and Mathematical Physics 92, 2: 312–330Google Scholar
- Sloskin NA (1951) About differential equations for gas flow. DAN USSR 77, 2: 205–208Google Scholar
- Zuk VI, Rikov VA, Shakhov EM (1973) Plane shock structure investigations for dilute gas, based on several models for Boltzmann equation. Proc. Comput. Center of USSR Acad. Sci. Numerical Methods in Rarefied Gas Dynamics. 1: 176–194 (in Russian)Google Scholar