The Construction of Cell Cultures Genetically Engineered for Metabolic Competence towards Xenobiotics
Analytical tools have always played an important role for the study and understanding the complex biotransformation process. It needs technology to develop analytical tools. In this sense, gene technology is the most recent technology being applied in the construction of in vitro system useful for metabolism studies of xenobiotics. This includes cloning of genes encoding xenobiotics metabolizing enzymes, construction of recombinant expression vectors, and genetically engineering of cell cultures.
KeywordsCodon Pyrene Aflatoxin Toxicology Phenobarbital
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Crespi CL, Penman BW, Leakey JAE, Arlotto MP, Stark A, Parkinson A, Turner T, Steimel DT, Rudo K, Davies RL, Langenbach R, (1990) Human cytochrome P450IIA3: cDNA sequence, role of the enzyme in the metabolic activation of promutagens, comparison to nitrosamine activation by human cytochrome P450IIE1. Carcinogenesis 11: 1293–1300PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Eugster HP, Sengstag C, Meyer UA, Hinnen A, Würgler FE, (1990) Constitutive and inducible expression of human cytochrome P450IA1 in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae: An alternative enzyme source for in vitro studies. BBRC 172: 737–744Google Scholar
- Pompon D (1988) cDNA cloning and expression in yeast 5 cerevisiae of beta-naphtoflavone induced rabbit liver P-450 LM4 and LM6. Eur J Biochem 177: 285-293Google Scholar
- Faletto MB, Koser PL, Battula N, Townsend GK, MacCubbin AE, Gelboin HV, Gurtoo HL (1988) Cytochrome P3–450 cDNA encodes aflatoxin Bl-4-hydroxylase. J Biol Chem 2 63: 12187–12189Google Scholar
- Gonzalez FJ, Aoyama T, Gelboin HV, (1990) Activation of promutagens by human cDNA-expressed cytochrome P450s. Mutation and the Environment, part B, 77–86Google Scholar
- Kempf A, Nef P, Meyer UA, (1991) Bacterial expression of spectrally active rat cytochrome P-450 2G1 (P-450 olf). 3rd International ISXX Meeting, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- Sakaki T, Akiyoshi-Shibata M, Yabusaki Y, Manabe K, Murakami H, Ohkawa H, (1991) Progesterone metabolism in recombinant yeast simultaneously expressing bovine cytochrome P450cl7 (CYP17A1) and P450c21 (CYP21B1) and yeast NADPH-P4 50 oxidoreductase. Pharmacogenetics 1: 86–93PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Schmalix WA, Maser H, Kiefer F, Reen R, Wiebel FJ, Gonzalez FJ, Seidel A, Glatt HR, Greim H, Doehmer J, (1993) Stable expression of human cytochrome P450 1A1 cDNA in V7 9 Chinese hamster cells and metabolic activation of benzo[a]pyrene. Eur J Pharmacol Env Toxicol Pharmacol 248: 251–261CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- States JC, Quan TH, Hines RN, Novak RF, Runge-Morris M, (1993) Expression of human cytochrome P450 IA1 in DNA repair deficient and proficient human fibroblasts stably transformed with an inducible expression vector. Carcinogenesis, in pressGoogle Scholar
- Zurbriggen B, Boehlen E, Sanglard D, Kappeli O, Fiechter A, (1989) Controlled expression of heterologous cytochrome P- 450c cDNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae I. Construction and expression of a complete rat cytochrome P-450c cDNA. Int Biotechnol 9: 255–272Google Scholar