Fatal intoxication of goats by pendimethalin (Stomp) herbicide
Animal intoxication by pesticides is quite often in Macedonia Greece especially during springtimel,2. A mildly toxic to mammals herbicide used lately is pendimethaline (Stomp) (N-(l-ethylpropyl)-3,4-dimethyl-2,6-dinitrobenzenamine). The acute oral LD50 values for the technical grade Stomp in male and female albino rats are 1250 and 1050 mg/kg body weight respectively3. These values indicate that Stomp is only slightly toxic by ingestion.
KeywordsStomach Content Toxicological Analysis Pesticide Poisoning Palladium Chloride Fatal Intoxication
- 1.Antoniou V, Tsoukali-Papadopoulou H, Epivatianos P (1988)Veterinary toxicological analysis in northern Greece during 1986. Bull of Greek Veterinary Society 39: 3Google Scholar
- 2.Antoniou V, Tsoukali-Papadopoulou H, Epivatianos P (1993)Pesticides In:Applied Veterinary Toxicology, University Studio Press(ed),Thessaloniki,Greece, P 65Google Scholar
- 3.American Cyanamid Company informations : Stomp, ToxicologyGoogle Scholar
- 4.American Cyanamid Company(1976) Recommended method of Stomp analysisGoogle Scholar
- 5.American Cyanamid Company(1972) Method of Stomp analysisGoogle Scholar