Drug toxicity findings and no action taken
In 1634 Fabricius Hildanus, town physician at Bern, stated “I find it my duty to think and complain against the lying false chemists and rascals that are the destroyer of man… the physician should have known about the property of the drug… (Hildanus 1963).
KeywordsToxicity Hepatitis Migraine Aspirin Metformin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ascher W Sir (1994) Personal communicationGoogle Scholar
- Avery GS (1980) Drug treatment. Second Edition, 506Google Scholar
- FDC Reports (1994) 56:12–16Google Scholar
- Food and Drug Administration (1994) FOI reportGoogle Scholar
- Hildanus F (1963) Von der Furtrefflichkeit und Nutz der Anatomie. Aarau, Leipzig, HR Sauerlander & CoGoogle Scholar
- Klimt R et al (1970) Increased cardiovascular mortality with sulfonylureas. Diabetes 19, 2:744–830Google Scholar
- Mathias A (1811) The mercurial disease. Philadelphia: Howard ParkerGoogle Scholar
- Sigelmann DW (1994) Turning the table on drug companies. Exposing deficiencies in FDA regulations. Trial 3:72Google Scholar