Wide, Leif Edvin
I was born in 1934 and raised in a suburb of Stockholm, where my father was a school headmaster. My medical studies began at the Karolinska Institute in 1954. During the course in obstetrics and gynecology I came into contact with Carl Gemzell. He worked as physician on one of the wards but was also conducted research at the Gustav V Research Institute. I was interested to learn the laboratory, and he told me about his work on human pituitary gonadotrophins and growth hormone.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and Other Sources
- Wide LE: Letter, 22 Januar 1992.Google Scholar
- Wide L, Roos P, Gemzell CA (1961) Immunological determination of human pituitary luteinizing hormone (LH). Acta Endocrinol 37:445–449.Google Scholar
- Wide LE (1962) An immunological measure for the assay of human chorionic gonadotrophin. Acta Endocrinol Suppl 70:1–111.Google Scholar
- Wide L (1962) An immunological method for assay of human chorionic gonadotrophin. Acta Endocrinol Suppl 70:1–111.Google Scholar
- Wide L (1969) Radioimmunoassays employing immunosorbents. In: Diczfalusy E (ed) Immunoassay of gonadotrophins. Acta Endocrinol Suppl 142:207-221.Google Scholar
- Wide L (1971) Solid phase antigen-antibody systems. In: Kirkham KE, Hunter WM (eds) Radioimmunoassay methods. Churchill-Livingstone, Edinburgh, pp 405–412.Google Scholar
- Nillius SJ, Wide L (1972) Variation in LH and FSH response to LH releasing hormone during the menstrual cycle. Obstet Gynecol 79:874–882.Google Scholar
- Wide L (1985) Median charge and charge heterogeneity of human pituitary FSH, LH and TSH. I. Zone electrophoresis in agarose suspension. Acta Endocrinol 109:181–189.Google Scholar
- Wide L (1987) Evidence for diverse structural variations of the forms of human FSH within and between pituitaries. Acta Endocrinol (Copenh.) 115:7–15.Google Scholar