Shahani, Shanti M.
I was born in Hyderabad, now in Pakistan, the eldest of four children. My father, a Civil Engineer from the United Kingdom was the Chief Administrator and Engineer of the City Municipality. I did my schooling in a Convent and was taught by European nuns. I always topped my class in school and wanted to pursue a career in Medicine. Partition of the country in 1947 was a traumatic experience for all of us who were forced to leave and to migrate to present-day India. Our family was scatered in different places in India for the first few years. I was fortunate to do my medical studies in Bombay.
References and Other Sources
- Shahani SM: Bio-data, May 1993.Google Scholar
- Shahani SM (1986) Oligospermia and varicocele. In: Steinberger E, Frajese G, Steinberger A 8eds) Reproductive medicine. Raven, New York (Serono Symposia Publication, vol 29, pp 485-489).Google Scholar
- Shahani SM (1988) Hormonal profile and the stage of spermatogenesis in cases of azoospermia. Indian J urol 5:9–12.Google Scholar
- Shahani SM (1988) GPC in human seminal plasma as ain index of genital tract patency. Indian J Urol 4:49–51.Google Scholar
- Shahani SM (1988) Immunological aspects of male infertility. Indian J Urol 5:3–7.Google Scholar
- Shahani SM (1989) Hypothyroidism in children/adolescents. Clinical and hormonal profiles. J Assoc Physicians India 39:569–570.Google Scholar
- Shahani SM (1989) Klinefelter’s Syndrome. An immunological disorder. Andrologia 21:475–478.Google Scholar
- Shahani SM (1992) Male infertility. Editorial. J Assoc Physicians India.Google Scholar