Part of the NATO ASI Series book series (volume 35)
Cyanobacterial mats in general biology
What have we learned from studying cyanobacterial mats? What is the influence of this study on microbiology and general biology?
KeywordsAncient Community Prokaryotic Community Cyanobacterial Community Early Biosphere Phormidium Laminosum
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lasurenko VI (1989) Geological activity of iron bacteria Naukova Dumka KievGoogle Scholar
- Novichkova-Ivanova LN (1980) Soil algae in phytocoenoses of Saharo-Gobi desert region. Nauka LeningradGoogle Scholar
- O’Neil RV, DeAngelis DL, Waide JB, Allen TFH (1986) A hierarchical concept of ecosystems. Princeton, New JerseyGoogle Scholar
- Revsbech NP, Jørgensen BB (1986) Microelectrodes: their use in microbial ecology. Adv Microbial Ecol 9: 293–352Google Scholar
- Rippka R, Deruelles J, Waterbury JB, Herdman M, Stanier RY (1979) Generic assigments, strain histories and properties of pure cultures of cyanobacteria. J Gen Microbiol 111: 1–61Google Scholar
- Schopf JW (ed) (1983) Earth earliest biosphere. Princeton Univ Press New JarseyGoogle Scholar
- Vernadsky VI (1926) La biosphere. Alcan Press, Paris 234 pp.Google Scholar
- Ward DM, Bateson MM, Weiler R, Ruff-Roberts AL (1992) Ribosomal RNA analysis as they occur in nature. Adv Microbial Ecol 12: 219–286Google Scholar
- Walter MR (1983) Archean stromatolites: evidence of the Earth’s earliest benthos. In: Schopf JW (ed) The Earth’s earliest biosphere. Princeton Univ Press, New JerseyGoogle Scholar
- Winogradsky SN (1952) Sur la classification des bacteries. Ann Inst Pasteur 82: 125–202Google Scholar
- Winogradsky SN (1897) On the role of microbes in the general turnover of life. Separate issue reprinted in: Ivanov MV (ed) (1989) Chemosynthesis Nauka MoscowGoogle Scholar
- Zavarzin GA (1984) Bacteria and the composition of atmosphere. Nauka MoscowGoogle Scholar
- Zavarzin GA (1989) Microbial community in the past and the present. Microbiol Zhurn 51: 3–13Google Scholar
- Zavarzin GA (1992) Biodiversity and sustainability of microbial community. Zhurn Obsch Biol 53: 92–106Google Scholar
- Zavarzin GA (1993) Epicontinental water bodies as relict biotopes for the development of terrestrial biota. Microbiol 62: 789–800Google Scholar
- Zhilina TN, Zavarzin GA (1991) Anaerobic bacteria participating in organic matter destruction in halophilic cyanobacterial community. Zhurn Obsch Biol 52: 302–318Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1994