Upholding or Breaking Ethical Rules?—Responses to Ethical Problems
A common theme of the recent deluge of books and articles on ethics, and especially business ethics, seems to be the need for ethical rules. Rules like the ones found in the so-called ethical codes of a firm. Every firm its own ethical code.
KeywordsOzone Income Radar Assure Triad
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Axelrod, R.: The Evolution of Cooperation, New York (Basic Books) 1984.Google Scholar
- Bentham, X: An Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation. (1789), edited by J. H. Burns and H. L. A. Hart, The Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham, London (The Athlone Press) 1970.Google Scholar
- Boden, M.: The Creative Mind: Myths and Mechanisms, London (Weidenfeld and Nicolson) 1990.Google Scholar
- Buchanan, A.: Ethics, Efficiency, and the Market, Totowa, New Jersey (Rowman and Allanheld) 1985.Google Scholar
- Carr, A.: “Is Business Bluffing Ethical?”, Harvard Business Review, 46 (January/February) 1968.Google Scholar
- Donaldson, T., A. R. Gini: Case Studies in Business Ethics, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey (Prentice Hall) 1990.Google Scholar
- Elster, X: The Market and the Forum—Three varieties of political theory. In Foundations of Social Choice Theory, edited by X Elster and A. Hylland, Cambridge (Cambridge University Press/Universitetsforlaget) 1989 b.Google Scholar
- Hosmer, LaRue T.: The Ethics of Management, Boston, MA (Irvin) 1991.Google Scholar
- Kant, L: Ethical Philosophy—The complete texts of the Grounding for the Metaphysics of Morals and Metaphysical Principles of Virtue (1785), translated by James W. Ellington, Indianapolis, Indiana (Hackett) 1983.Google Scholar
- Lukes, S.: Power—A Radical View, London (Macmillan) 1974.Google Scholar
- Machiavelli, N.: The Prince. In Machiavelli — The Prince, selections from The Discourses and other writings (1513), edited by X Plamenatz, London (Fontana/Collins).Google Scholar
- Nietzsche, F.: Jenseits von Gut und Böse.(1886), Berlin (Goldmann) 1989.Google Scholar