Screening for Prostate Cancer: Practical Aspects
A major European randomised study of screening for prostate cancer has been launched. Pilot studies have already been conducted in several centres, and working groups in Belgium, Italy and the Netherlands are confirmed participants. Working parties in Finland, Portugal and the United Kingdom are candidate participants.
KeywordsProstate Cancer Radical Prostatectomy Digital Rectal Examination Cancer Detection Rate Prostate Cancer Mortality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boyle P, Alexander FE (1994) Screening for prostate cancer: principles, design and evaluation, European Institute of Oncology Technical Report 94/005. European Institute of Oncology, Milan, ItalyGoogle Scholar
- de Koning HJ (1993) Grant appliction to the Dutch Cancer Society and Prevention FundGoogle Scholar
- Ohori M, Wheeler TM, Dunn JK, Stamey TA, Scardino PT (1994) The pathological features and prognosis of prostate cancers detectable with current tests. J Urol (in press)Google Scholar
- Prorok PC (1991) PLCO study proposal. Biometry and Early Detection Branches, National Cancer Institute, USAGoogle Scholar
- Schröder FH, Denis L, Kirkels WJ, de Koning HJ, Standaert B (1994) European randomised study of screening for prostate cancer. Cancer (in press)Google Scholar
- Wilson JMG, Jungner G (1968) Principles and practice of screening for disease Public Health Paper no 34. WHO, GenevaGoogle Scholar