Probing GaSb(110) Surface and Interfaces by Photon Stimulated Desorption (PSD)
We present photon stimulated desorption (PSD) studies of alkali metals Na and Cs on a III-V semiconductor GaSb(110). It is shown that both Na and Cs alter significantly the surface reactivity of the GaSb(110) as indicated by the desorption of H+ which is observed in the presence of an alkali metal overlayer but absent in the case of pure cleaved surfaces. The different desorption sites of H+ on these surfaces are discussed together with the difference between Na and Cs overlayers.
KeywordsMigration Chromate GaAs Chemisorption GaSb
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Physics and Chemistry of Alkali Metal Adsorption, Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., Amsterdam, H. P. Bonzel, A. M. Bradshaw and G. Ertl editors, Materials Science Monographs 57, 449 (1989) and references therein.Google Scholar
- 13.P. Soukiassian and H. I. Starnberg in reference 1.Google Scholar
- 17.Z. Hurych, P. Soukiassian, S. Kapoor, P. S. Mangat, S. T. Kim, E. Bourdie, J. Peng. Submitted to Rapid Communications, Phys. Rev. B.Google Scholar
- 18.Z. Hurych, D. Crouch, J. Peng and P. S. Mangat, D. Hochereau and P. Soukiassian, in the Proceedings of this conference.Google Scholar
- 19.Z. Hurych, P. Mangat and P. Soukiassian, to be published.Google Scholar