Radiative muon capture on hydrogen
The radiative capture of negative muons by protons can be used to measure the weak induced pseu-doscalar form factor. Brief arguments why this method is preferable to ordinary muon capture are given followed by a discussion of the experimental difficulties. The solution to these problems as attempted by experiment #452 at TRIUMF is presented together with preliminary results from the first run in August 1990. An outlook on the expected final precision and the experimental schedule is also given.
KeywordsFoam Palladium Dition Deuterium Tritium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1a.R.E. Marshak, Riazuddin, C.P. Ryan in “Theory of Weak Interactions in Particle Physics”, Wiley, New York, 1969. For the notation see e.g.Google Scholar
- 2.L. Wolfenstein, in High Energy Physics and Nucl. Structure ed. S. Devons, Plenum, New York 1970.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Gmitro and P. Truöl, Adv. Nucl. Phys. 18 (1987) 241.Google Scholar
- 9.W.H. Breunlich et al; PSI Nucl. Part. Phys. Newsl. 44 (1978).Google Scholar
- 13.L. Bracci et al., Preprint IFUP-TH 21/90 Pisa, June 1990.Google Scholar
- 14.A. Serna-Angel et al., XII Int. Conf. on Particles and Nuclei (PANIC) MIT, Boston, June 1990, Abstracts Book XII–17.Google Scholar
- 15.D. H. Wright et al., Submitted to Nucl. Instr. and Meth.Google Scholar
- 17.C. Petitjean et al., Muon Catalyzed Fusion 5/6 (1990/91) 199.Google Scholar
- 18.S.S Gershtein and L.I. Ponomarev in “Muon Physics” Vol. 3, eds. V.W. Hughes and C.S. Wu, Acad. Press, N.Y. and London 1975.Google Scholar