Using Multivariate Time Series Models in Systemic Analysis
Multivariate autoregressive moving-average modeling of relationships between two or more stochastic time series as well as the underlying principles are discussed (Tiao & Box, 1981; Jenkins & Alavi, 1981). The relevance of this particular type of time series analysis with regard to identifying systemic relationships among observed process variables is demonstrated by using examples from pain and marital counseling research. This kind of analysis is especially suited to describe time series for which the relationships between variables are thought to be stable or stationary throughout the time of observation.
KeywordsTime Series Pain Intensity Marital Relationship Random Shock Contemporaneous Correlation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- GLASS, G.V., WILLSON, V.L. & GOTTMAN, J.M. 1975. Design and analysis of time series experiments. Boulder: University Press.Google Scholar
- GREGSON, R.M. 1983. Time series in psychology. Hillsdale, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.Google Scholar
- JENKINS, G.M. 1979. Practical experiences with modeling and forecasting time series. St. Helier: Gwilym Jenkins & Partners.Google Scholar
- KEESER, W. & BULLINGER, M. 1984. Process-oriented Evaluation of a cognitive-behavioral treatment for clinical pain: A time-series approach. In: B. Bromm (Ed.): Pain measurement in man. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 417–428.Google Scholar
- LIU, L.-M., & HUDAK, G.B. 1989. The SCA statistical system reference manual for forecasting and time series analysis (Version IV.1). DeKalb: SCA.Google Scholar
- LIU L.-M. 1986. Multivariate time series analysis using vector ARMA models. DeKalb: SCA.Google Scholar
- REVENSTORF, D. 1979. Zeitreihenanalyse für klinische Daten: Methodik und Anwendung. Weinheim: Beltz.Google Scholar
- REVENSTORF, D., KNAPP, K., & MOECK, G. 1991. Multimodales Paartherapieprogramm. In Vorbereitung.Google Scholar
- SCHMITZ, B. 1989. Einführung in die Zeitreihenanalyse. Modelle, Soft-warebeschreibung, Anwendungen. Bern: Verlag Hans Huber.Google Scholar