Reciprocity in Optimization and Efficiency in the Bicriteria Problem: A Unified Approach
In this paper we will suggest a general framework within which reciprocity in scalar optimization and efficiency for a bicriteria problem can be studied, with the aim of obtaining a unified approach in order to link together some concepts and properties which are appeared in the literature in different fields and problems [3, 6, 7, 11, 13, 14].
The followed approach will allow us to analyze efficiency, reciprocity and related concepts all together in order to study the connections among them and, at the same time, to establish, in a simple way, old and new results and also wide classes of problems for which reciprocity and binding properties hold.
KeywordsBinding Property Portfolio Selection Parametric Problem Vector Optimization Problem Fractional Program
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Avriel, W. E. Diewert, S. Schaible, I. Zang, “Generalized Concavity” Plenum Press. New York and London (1988)Google Scholar
- M.B. Borgheaani, “Considerazioni sulla reciprocità nei problemi di ottimo” Rivista di Matematica per le Scienze Economiche e Sociali; Fascicolo n. 2, (1986)Google Scholar
- A. Cambini, L. Martein, “The linear fractional and the bicriteria linear fractional problem”, in Generalized Concavity, Fractional Programming and Economic Applications, edited by Cambini A., Castagnoli E., Martein L., Mazzoleni P., Schaible S., Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1990)Google Scholar
- N. D. Kazarinoff, “Geometric inequalities” New Math. Library, (1961)Google Scholar
- P. Madden, “Concavitv and optimization in microeconomics”. Basil Blackwell (1986)Google Scholar
- H.W. Markowitz, “Portfolio selection: efficient diversification of investements”. J. Wiley & Sons. (1959)Google Scholar
- A. Marchi, “A Sequential Method for a Bicriteria Problem arising in Portfolio Selection Theory”. Department of Statistics and Applied Mathematics, University of Pisa, paper n. 30, (1990)Google Scholar
- L. Martein, “On the bicriteria maximization problem” in Generalized Concavity, Fractional Programming and Economic Applications, edited by Cambini A., Castagnoli E., Martein L., Mazzoleni P., Schaible S., Springer-Verlag, Berlin, (1990)Google Scholar
- L. Martein, S. Schaible, “On solving a linear program with a quadratic constraint”. Rivista di Matematica per le Scienze Economiche e Sociali, Fascicolo 1–2, pp. 75–90, (1988)Google Scholar
- S. Schaible, “Bicriteria auasiconcave programs”. Cahiers du C.E.R.O.,vol.25, pp.93–101 (1983)Google Scholar
- M. Volpato, “Studi e modelli di ricerca operativa”. UTET, Torino (1971)Google Scholar