High Resolution Coherent Raman Spectroscopy: Studies of Molecular Structures
One of the main advantages of the non-linear coherent Raman techniques is the high resolution that can be achieved in rovibrational spectroscopy. Typically an instrumental function of the order of several thousandths of a wavenumber is routinely achieved in SRS or CARS experiments. Since the first recording of the stimulated Raman spectrum of 12CH4 in 1978 , numerous studies of molecules have been performed [2–8]. We have built a stimulated Raman experiment in Dijon in which particular attention has been paid to the frequency measurement of the Raman lines . We will describe the application of our experiment to a wide variety of molecules over the last few years: linear molecules, spherical top molecules, and also symmetric top molecules.
KeywordsRaman Spectrum Raman Line Raman Frequency Infrared Data Frequency Calibration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.B. Lavorel, R. Saint-Loup, G. Pierre, and H. Berger, J. Physique Lett. Paris 45, L295–300 (1984).Google Scholar
- 11.G. Millot, B. Lavorel, and H. Berger, International symposium on coherent Raman spectroscopy, Samarkand, 18–20 September 1990, USSR, these proceedingsGoogle Scholar
- 12.G. Millot, B. Lavorel, H. Berger, R. Saint-Loup, J. Santos, R. Chaux, C. Wenger, J. Bonamy, L. Bonamy, and D. Robert, European CARS Workshop, Dijon, 19–20 March 1990, FranceGoogle Scholar
- 13.A. Tabyaoui, B. Lavorel, G. Millot, R. Saint-Loup, R. Chaux, and H. Berger, J. Raman Spectrosc., in pressGoogle Scholar
- 17.J. M. Jouvard, B. Lavorel, J. P. Champion, and L. R. Brown, 45th Symposium on high resolution molecular spectroscopy, Columbus, 1990, USA (1990).Google Scholar
- 19.A. Boutahar, G. Millot, M. Loete, B. Lavorel, and C. Wenger, in preparationGoogle Scholar
- 20.A. Boutahar, and M. Loete, Can. J. Phys., in press (1991).Google Scholar
- 21.A. Tabyaoui, B. Lavorel, G. Pierre, and H. Burger, Xlth international conference on high resolution infrared spectroscopy, Prague, 1990, CzechoslovakiaGoogle Scholar