Hole-Doping Effects on the Magnetic Properties of the La4Ba2Cu2O10 Ferromagnet
Hole-doping effects by Ba substitution for La in La4-xBa2+xCu2O10 (0 ≤ x ≤ 1) have been studied to explore the possibilities of its metal-insulator transition and superconductivity. We have not detected any symptoms for metal-insulator transition, but found certain evidence for the hole-doping effect. We observed the dilution effect of Cu2+ spin by non-magnetic Cu3+ on the ferromagnetic transition temperature and the reduction of effective magnetic moment.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.N. Ogawa, F. Mizuno, H. Masuda, I. Hirabayashi, S. Tanaka, T. Mochiku, H. Asano, and F. Izumi, Physica B165–166. 1687 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.F. Mizuno, H. Masuda, I. Hirabayashi, T. Mochiku, H. Asano, and F. Izumi, to be published in Supercond. Sci. Technol. (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.D. R. Tilley and J. Tilley, in Superfluidity and Superconductivity, edited by D. F. Brewer and M. A., D. Phil ( Adam Hilger, Bristol, 1986 ), p. 336.Google Scholar
- 6.N. Watanabe, H. Asano, H. Iwasa, S. Satoh, H. Murata, K. Karahashi, S. Tomiyoshi, F. Izumi, and K. Inoue, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26, 1164 (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Masuda, F. Mizuno, I. Hirabayashi, and S. Tanaka, to be published in Advances in Superconductivity III (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.T. Mochiku, H. Asano, F. Izumi, F. Mizuno, H. Masuda, I. Hirabayashi, and S. Tanaka, to be published in Advances in Superconductivity III (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.D. Brown and D. A. Altermatt, Acta. Crystallogr. Sect B41, 244 (1985).Google Scholar