Low Temperature Thermal Properties of Pentanol-2 — A Perspective Polarized Target Material
The low temperature heat capacity and the long-time energy relaxation of pentanol-1 and pentanol-2 were measured. The results demonstrate that pentanol-1 is crystalline and pentanol-2 is amorphous after cooling with a cooling rate of about lK/min. From the power release data of pentanol-2 the distribution parameter of Referencestwo-level systems P = 4.1- 1044/Jm3 was obtained.
KeywordsCrystallization Epoxy Kapron Calorimeter Butanol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Borghini, S. Mango, O. Runolfsson and J. Vermeuten, Proc. of the Conf. on Polarized Targets and Ion Sources, Sacley, p. 387 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Niinikoski, Proc. of the 2. Workshop on Polarized Target Materials, Abingdon, p. 69 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.D. Hill and M. Krumpolc, Proc. of the AIP Conf., New York, 479 (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Zimmermann and G. Weber, Phys. Rev. Lett. 46, 661Google Scholar
- 9.M. Schwark, F. Pobell, M. Kubota and R. Mueller, Temp, Phys. 59, 55 (1985).Google Scholar