Spin-Polarized Photoelectrons from Optically Pumped p-CdSiAs2(100)
Starting from photothreshold (1.5 eV) the polarization of the photoyield emitted from cesiated p-CdSiAs (100) by circularly polarized light at normal incidence has been measured as function of photon energy. The transitions from the only spin-degenerate top valence band levels have been identified. The observed spin-polarization of the individual transitions is significantly less than the theoretically expected |P| = 100% which is attributed to shortcomings in the surface preparation of this ternary compound.
KeywordsPure Spin Gallium Arsenide Surface Preparation High Photon Energy Negative Electron Affinity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).D.T. Pierce and R.J. Celotta, Modern Problems in Condensed Matter Sciences: “Optical Orientation” 8, 259 (1984)Google Scholar
- 2).D.T. Pierce, F. Meier, H.C. Siegmann, United States Patent 3,968,376 (July 6, 1976 )Google Scholar
- 3).F. Meier, D. Pescia, Modern Problems in Condensed Matter Sciences: “Optical Orientation ” 8, 295 (1984)Google Scholar
- 4).P. Zorabedian,“Optical pumping and photoluminescence detection of spin-polarized electrons in uniaxially stressed gallium arsenide”, SLAC- Report 248, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, Stanford University, Stanford California 94305, USA (March 1982)Google Scholar
- 5).J.L. Shay, J.H. Wernick, Ternary Chalcopyrite Semiconductors: Growth, Electronic Properties and Applications, Pergamon Press, Oxford (1975)Google Scholar
- 6).F.P. Baumgartner, M.Lux-Steiner, G. Doell, E. Bucher, F. Meier, A. Vaterlaus, J. Cryst. Growth (to be published)Google Scholar