Spin-Polarized Photoelectrons from Optically Pumped p-CdSiAs2(100)
Starting from photothreshold (1.5 eV) the polarization of the photoyield emitted from cesiated p-CdSiAs (100) by circularly polarized light at normal incidence has been measured as function of photon energy. The transitions from the only spin-degenerate top valence band levels have been identified. The observed spin-polarization of the individual transitions is significantly less than the theoretically expected |P| = 100% which is attributed to shortcomings in the surface preparation of this ternary compound.
KeywordsGaAs Gallium Cesium Chalcopyrite Arsenide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).D.T. Pierce and R.J. Celotta, Modern Problems in Condensed Matter Sciences: “Optical Orientation” 8, 259 (1984)Google Scholar
- 2).D.T. Pierce, F. Meier, H.C. Siegmann, United States Patent 3,968,376 (July 6, 1976 )Google Scholar
- 3).F. Meier, D. Pescia, Modern Problems in Condensed Matter Sciences: “Optical Orientation ” 8, 295 (1984)Google Scholar
- 4).P. Zorabedian,“Optical pumping and photoluminescence detection of spin-polarized electrons in uniaxially stressed gallium arsenide”, SLAC- Report 248, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, Stanford University, Stanford California 94305, USA (March 1982)Google Scholar
- 5).J.L. Shay, J.H. Wernick, Ternary Chalcopyrite Semiconductors: Growth, Electronic Properties and Applications, Pergamon Press, Oxford (1975)Google Scholar
- 6).F.P. Baumgartner, M.Lux-Steiner, G. Doell, E. Bucher, F. Meier, A. Vaterlaus, J. Cryst. Growth (to be published)Google Scholar