The Measurements of the Atoms’ Polarization in the Drifilm Coating Storage Cell
The polarization of the atoms in the storage cells covered by drifilm was measured in the presence of the intense circulating electron beam in the storage ring. The tensor polarization Pzz = 0.572 ± 0.053 was obtained for the cell of the phase 1 of the experiment. For the active cell of the phase 2 of the experiment polarization was measured close to zero. The results are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.F. Dmitriev et al., Phys. Lett. 157B, 143 (1985); M.V. Mostovoy et al., Phys. Lett. B 188, 181 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.S.I. Mishnev et al., High-Energy Spin Physics, AIP Conf. Proc. 187, 1286 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.See for example, R. Holt, Proc. of Spectrometer Workshop, Williamsburg,(1983); T. Wise and W.Haeberli, Proc. of Workshop on Polarized Targets in Storage Rings, Argonne National Laboratory, ANL-84-50, p. 249 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.L. Young et al., NIM B24/25, 963 (1987); D. R. Swenson, L.W. Anderson, NIM B29, 627 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.E.R. Kinney et al.,Preprint ANL PHY-6202-ME-89.Google Scholar