What We Have Learned from Highly Immunized Patients
- 44 Downloads
I would like to begin by thanking Walter Brendel for initiating the Kitzbühel-Axams meetings. This talk is dedicated in his honour and in appreciation of what he has done. He has been in many ways a leader; he professionalised experimental surgery with the “big bang” machine as one of the many highlights, introduced us to xenotransplantation, but above all initiated these wonderful round table meetings on immunology. The recipe was as simple as it was brilliant: take some beautiful snow-covered mountains, mix them together, invite a lot of friends and ask them to talk about science. Most of these people have been involved in transplantation, but not all of them. We have heard talks about skin grafts in monkeys, about liver transplantation in pigs, and many, many other topics.
KeywordsLive Donor Kidney Transplant Potential Kidney Donor Acceptable Mismatch CTLp Frequency UCLA Tissue Type Laboratory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bradley BA, Klouda PT, Ray TC et al. (1985) Negative crossmatch selection of kidneys for highly sensitized patients. Transplant Proc 17: 2465–2466Google Scholar
- 2.Schafter AJ, Hasert K, Opelz G (1985) Collaborative transplant study crossmatch and antibody project. Transplant Proc 17: 2469–2471Google Scholar
- 3.Hendriks GFJ, de Lange P, D’Amaro J et al. (1985) Eurotransplant experience with highly immunized patients. Scand J Urol Nephrol 92: 81–86Google Scholar
- 8.Streilein JW, Gruchella RS (1981) Analysis of neonatally induced tolerance of H-2 allo antigens. I Adoptive transfer indicates that tolerance of class I and class II antigens is maintained by distinct mechanisms. Immunogenetics 12: 161–173Google Scholar
- 10.Cicciarelli J (1989) Living donor kidney transplants. In: Terasaki PI (ed) Clinical transplants 1988. UCLA Tissue Typing Laboratory, Los Angeles, pp 293Google Scholar
- 13.Ivanyi P, Démant P (1964) Prolonged survival of maternal skin grafts in newborn rabbits. Folia Biol 11: 321–323Google Scholar
- 17.Claas FHJ, Gijbels Y, van der Velden-de Munck J, van Rood JJ (1988) Induction of B cell unresponsiveness to noninherited maternal HLA antigens during fetal life. Science 241: 1815–1817Google Scholar