PACS and Related Research in Italy
A survey of PACS and related research in Italy has been carried out during the first half of 1990 in order to quantify the diffusion of commercial PACS and the state-of-the-art of non-commercial PACS experimentations in health care institutions.
The current status of PACS installations in Italy is reported, as well as a description of PACS-related research activities carried out by several institutions in different fields: economic evaluation, metropolitan PACS, operational analysis, RIS/PACS integration, teleradiology.
KeywordsPACS evaluation technology assessment RIS/PACS integration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Boullier, J. de Certaines, M. del Vecchio, P. Giribona: “PACS Technology Assessment on Pilot Sites”. Commission of the European Communities — A.I.M. Project A-1030, W.P. 1040 Final ReportGoogle Scholar
- 2.A. Chiesa, G. Battaglia, G. Moscatelli, R Maroldi: “Economic Giustification of a Partial PACS”. Abstracts of EuroPACS 90,8th International Meeting, Trieste, 1990Google Scholar
- 3.P. Giribona, D. Bravar, C. Giuricin, N. Carbi, R. Cuttin, L. Dalla Palma, F. Stacul, W. Ukovich: “A Global Project for the Assessment of a PACS System”. Proc. of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engin. in Med. and Biol. Society, Seattle WA, 1989, pp.789–790Google Scholar
- 4.H.I. Glass: “PACS — European Perspective”. Proc. IMAC 89, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos CA, 1990, pp.14–24Google Scholar
- 5.C Greinacher: “Siemens PACS Installations — Practical Experience”. Proc. Int. Symp. CAR’89, Springer Verlag, 1989Google Scholar
- 6.R. Passariello, and Col.: “State of Progress of PACS Pilot Project at L’Aquila University”. Abstracts EuroPACS 90,8th International Meeting, Trieste, 1990Google Scholar
- 8.W. Ukovich, D. Bravar, R. Cuttin Zernich, P Giribona, M. Maffessanti, F. Stacul, L. Dalla Palma: “An experimental evaluation of the impact of a PAC System on the operation of Radiology Department”. Computer Assisted Radiology. Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1989, pp. 537–540Google Scholar