Mean Field Dynamics and Low-Lying Collective Excitations
Mean field is one of the most basic concepts of nuclei. The concept pervades various collective properties of the nucleus and the associated single-particle motion. It applies not only to the spherical shell model but also to the various types of deformations as illustrated by the Nilsson model for quadrupole deformation and the pair gap field in the Hartree-Bogoliubov theory. Its current development extends to the rapidly-rotating as well as the superdeformed mean-field models which have played a central role in detailed spectroscopy of high-spin states[l]. On the basis of the mean fields model, we can extract information about the mean field and the single-particle configurations from the experimental data. Thus our knowledge on the nuclear mean field as well as the associated single-particle states is now quite rich and detailed, as far as they are static or uniformly rotating.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- See, for example, The variety of nuclear shapes, Proc. Int. Conf. on Nuclear Shapes (World Scientific 1988 ), ed. J.D. Garrett et.alGoogle Scholar
- See, for example, P. Ring and P. Schuck, The Nuclear Many-Body Problem (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg 1980 ).Google Scholar
- F. Sakata, talk presented in this symposium.Google Scholar
- M. Yamamura and A. Kuriyama, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 93 (1987).Google Scholar
- P. Kramer and M. Saraceno, Lecture Notes in Physics No. 140 ( Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg 1981 ).Google Scholar
- As reviews, T. Marumori, K. Takada and F. Sakata, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. No. 71, 1(1981); K. Matsuyanagi, in Nuclear Physics (North-Holland, 1982), p.29, ed. C.H. Dasso. A recent development in the framework of the boson expansion theory is seen in, H. Sakamoto and T. Kishimoto, Nucl. Phys. A486, 1(1988).Google Scholar
- K. Yamada, Preprint YITP/K-889, October 1990.Google Scholar
- R. Bengtsson and W. Nazarewicz, Z. Phys. A334, 269 (1989).Google Scholar
- T. Fukui, M. Matsuo and K. Matsuyanagi, Preprint RUNS 1024, July 1990.Google Scholar
- W.J. Swiatecki, Nucl. Phys. A488, 375c (1988).Google Scholar