A Multiregional Input-Output Model for Israel and Extensions: Methodology and Experience
Ever since the initial development of Input-Output (I-O) models by Wassily Leontief (1951), they have been given a great deal of attention by economists and national and regional planning authorities throughout the world. These authorities have recognized the potential usefulness of this tool in simplifying and guiding the planning process. Indeed, the increased interest brought about significant advances, both methodologically and empirically, which extend the range of areas and problems that could be handled by I-O models far beyond those originally intended by Leontief.
KeywordsIncome Marketing Clarification Arava Glean
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barten, A.P. (1966), Theorie en empirie van een volledig stelsel van vraagvergelijkingen,Doctoral dissertation, University of Rotterdam.Google Scholar
- Fleischer, A., O. Laufman, D. Sivan, D. Freeman and H. Talpaz (1988), Total Impacts of Operating the Transmission Station of ’Voice of America’ in theArava: A Multi-Regional Input-Output Analysis, Final Report, mimeo,Rehovot Settlement Study Center(Hebrew).Google Scholar
- Freeman, D., G. Alperovich and I. Weksler (1984), An Economic Analysis of Development Plans for the Rural Sector of the Eshkol Region, in: A. Rozenman (ed.),Human Settlement and Regional Development, pp. 273–290, Jerusalem, Keter Press (Hebrew).Google Scholar
- Freeman, D. (1984), The Economic Feasibility and the Multiplier Impacts of the Mediterranean Dead Sea-Canal,Final Report, mimeo, The MDSC Co, Jerusalem (Hebrew).Google Scholar
- Freeman, D. and H. Talpaz (1987), Economic Aspects and Benefit-Cost Analysis of the Lavi Airplane and its Multiplier Impacts, mimeo,The Israeli Air Industries(Hebrew).Google Scholar
- Freeman, D., D. Sivan, O. Laufman and H. Talpaz (1988), Shipment of the Red Sea by a Railway to Eilat versus the Suez Canal, working paper no. 20,Settlement Study Center, Rehovot.Google Scholar
- Freeman, D., H. Talpaz and D. Sivan (1987), Project Impact Evaluation Using a Multi-Regional Input-Output Model,The Proceedings of the XXVII Congress of The Regional Science Association, Athens, Greece, 25–28 August.Google Scholar
- Freeman, D., A. Fleischer and O. Laufman (1989), The Intra and Inter- Regional Impacts of a Regional Industrial Center in Northern Israel, ( Hebrew),presented at the Galil Study Conference, University of Haifa.Google Scholar
- Polenske, K.R. (1970),A Multi-Regional Input-Output Model for the United States, EDA, USD of Commerce, Report 21.Google Scholar
- Weksler, I., D. Freeman and G. Alperovich (1986), Estimation of Interregional Trade Flows: A Markov Chain Approach,Environment and Planning A28: 123–132.Google Scholar