Retrospective Creation of Virtual Alternative Hierarchies
In this chapter we present an object-oriented strategy to support the creation of geometric models. These models are represented as part-whole hierarchies of objects. Creation of new models is done by copying and modifying previously existing models or parts of them. Past models are stored in the system’s database and serve as prototypes for the new models.
KeywordsFunctional Specification Standard Component Real House Basic Data Structure Standard Vocabulary
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alexander, C. (1964) Notes on the synthesis of form ,Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- Bijl, A. (1987) Strategies for CAD ,pp. 2–19, Springer Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Borning, A.H. (1986) “Classes versus prototypes in object-oriented languages,” In: H.S. Stone and S. Winkler (ed.) 1986 Proceedings Fall Joint Computer Conference ,IEEE Computer Society Press, Washington, D.C., pp. 36–47.Google Scholar
- Brown, D.C. and Chandrasekaran, B. (1985) Expert system for a class of mechanical design activity ,pp. 17–19, North Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- Gero, J.S., Radford, A.D., Coyne, R., and Akiner, V.T. (1985) “Knowledge-Based Computer Aided Architectural Design,” In: Gero, J.S. (ed.) 1984 Proceedings of IFIP WG 5.2 Working Conference on Knowledge Engineering in Computer Aided Design ,North Holland, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Gielingh, W.F. (1988) “General AEC Reference Model (GARM),” Report by TNO-IBBC, Rijswijk. OctoberGoogle Scholar
- Lieberman, H. (1986) “Using Prototypical Objects to Implement Shared Behavior in object-oriented Systems,” In: Meyrowitz, N. (ed.) Object-Oriented Programming Systems, Languages and Applications ,ACM Press, New York, pp. 214–223.Google Scholar
- Rogier, J. (1991) “A Component Class for Design,” In: Veerkamp P. and Ten Hagen P. (ed.) Intelligent CAD systems 3: Practical experience and evaluation ,Springer-Verlag, Berlin, forthcomingGoogle Scholar
- Veth, B. (1987) “An Integrated Data Description Language for Coding Design Knowledge,” In: Ten Hagen, P.J.W. and Tomiyama, T. (ed.) Intelligent CAD Systems I: Theoretical and Methodological Aspects ,Springer Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Wilson P. and Kennicot, P.R. (1987) STEP/PDES Testing Draft ,St. Louis Edition 4.1.2, St. Louis, U.S.A..Google Scholar
- Yoshikawa, H. (1981) “General Design Theory and a CAD System,” In: Sata, T. and Warman, E. (ed.) Man and Machine Communication in CAD/CAM ,North Holland, pp. 35–57.Google Scholar