Multidimensional Photonic Switches
The use of time- and wavelength- multiplexed switching in optical networks is discussed in the context of the European RACE programme. Some examples of recent developments in optical switching technology are highlighted.
KeywordsEurope Lithium GaAs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Thylen & P. Granestrand “LiNbO3 switch arrays: status review and prospects” this conference, paper 14 A-3.Google Scholar
- 2.P. Duthie et al.“Size transparency and control in optical space switch fabrics; a 16x16 single chip array in lithium niobate and its applications”, ibid., paper 13 A-3.Google Scholar
- 3.G J. Scott & C.S. Anderson, “A GaAs 16x16 MESFET crosspoint switch at 1700 Mbit/s”, Proc. ECOC’88 p.210.Google Scholar
- 4.T. Martinson, “Passive access to a very high speed optical loop - the VHSOL concept”, to be presented at EFOC/LAN 90 Munich, June 1990, paper 3. 3. 3.Google Scholar
- 5.A. de Bosio et al. “Deterministic and statistic circuit assignment architectures for optical switching system”, Topical Meeting on Photonic Switching, Lake Tahoe, March 1987 p. 35.Google Scholar
- 6.R. A. Thompson et al “An experimental modular switching system with a time-multiplexed photonic centre stage”, Topical Meeting on Photonic Switching, Salt Lake City, March 1989, paper WA2.Google Scholar
- 7.I.M. Burnett and A.C. O’Donnell “Synchronous optical switching in a time multiplexed network”, to be presented at EFOC/LAN 90, Munich, June 90, paper 3. 3. 1.Google Scholar
- 9.N.J. Parsons & N.F. Whitehead, “Optical switching in telecommunications networks”, Proc. ECIO Paris, April 1989, paper 1141–25.Google Scholar
- 10.P. Demeester et al. “Integration of GaAs MESFETs and InP waveguides for optical switching network”, ECOC’89 paper ThA19-4.Google Scholar
- 11.A Yi-Yan et al.“Semiconductor-grafted integrated optics”, Proc. IPR ’90, paper MI-1.Google Scholar