A Report on the Study of the Portuguese Navy Case
As author of this report and participant to the Summer School, I have to make a preliminary remark. In writing the present report, I tried to restate the atmosphere and outline the main trends in the work done on the Navy case rather than provide an exhaustive account. This can maybe result in a subjective presentation, but I have paid attention to using the «I» pronoun as soon as I was aware of expressing my own views on some point. Moreover, as written records of about half of the working groups activity were not available, I had to invoke my personal memories to fill in the gaps. I hope I did not forget too many important things nor I did (too much) distort the rest. Anyway, I am asking for indulgence both from the participants and the reader.
KeywordsAnalytic Hierarchy Process Ratio Scale Pairwise Comparison Matrix Personal Memory Expert Choice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bana e Costa, C.A. and Rodrigues, J.C. (1990), “Presentation of the school case-study: evaluation of personnel — how to rank officers for promotion?”, in this volume.Google Scholar
- Belton, V. and Vickers, S. (1990), “Use of a simple multi- attribute value function incorporating visual interactive sensitivity analysis”, in this volume.Google Scholar
- Forman, E.H. (1990), “Multi criteria decision making and the analytic hierarchy process”, in this volume.,Google Scholar
- Jacquet-Lagrèze, E. (1990), “Interactive assessment of preferences using holistic judgments — the PREFCALC system”, in this volume.Google Scholar
- Janssen, R., Nijkamp, P. and Rietveld, P. (1990), “Qualitative multicriteria methods in the Netherlands”, in this volume.Google Scholar
- Matarazzo, B. (1990), “A pairwise criterion comparison approach: the MAPPAC and PRAGMA methods”, in this volume.Google Scholar
- Roy, B. (1990), “The outranking approach and the foundations of ELECTRE methods”, in this volume.Google Scholar
- Vanderpooten, D. (1990), “The construction of prescriptions in outranking methods”, in this volume.Google Scholar
- Vansnick, J.-C. (1990), “Measurement theory and decision aid”, in this volume.Google Scholar