We discuss a new proposal that polarized gas jet targets might be installed in the intense polarized proton beam stored in the KAON Extender ring. The resulting luminosity could be competitive with present-day external target experiments while the purity of these targets offers new possibilities for nucleon spin physics at KAON. Since changes in the present building designs would be required, the potential user community is being consulted.
KeywordsStorage Cell Internal Target Overhead Crane Spin Physic Spin Structure Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Steffen, in Proc. Polarized Beams at SSC, Ann Arbor, June 1985, ed. R.G. Lerner, AIP Conf. Proc. No 145, p. 162Google Scholar
- T. Roser, in Proc. High Energy Spin Physics, Minneapolis, Sept. 1988, ed. K.J. Heller, AIP Conf. Proc. No 187, p. 1442; L. Teng, in Proc. AHF Int. Workshop, Los Alamos, 1989, ed. H.A. ThiessenGoogle Scholar
- Workshop on Internal Targets for COSY, Jülich, April 1987, ed. W. OelertGoogle Scholar
- G. Graw et al., in Proceedings of the IV LEAR Workshop, Villars, 1987, ed. C Amsler et al., Harwood Acad. Publ., Chur Switzerland (1988), p. 249.Google Scholar
- S.I. Mishnev et al., in Proc. High Energy Spin Physics, Minneapolis, Sept. 1988, ed. K.J. Heller, AIP Conf. Proc. No 187, p. 1286.Google Scholar
- The HERMES Proposal (draft), DESY, Sept., 1989Google Scholar
- T. Roser et al., preprint UM HE 89–7, March 1989Google Scholar
- Proposal for a European Hadron Facility, EHF-87–18, Ch. 5Google Scholar
- U. Wienands, Private communicationGoogle Scholar