AUTONOM: Automatic Generation of IUPAC-Names from Structural Input
- 91 Downloads
An algorithm has been developed for the computer generation of organic compound names from structure diagram input. The structure diagrams of compounds are input via a graphic interface and the names are generated purely on the basis of the resulting molecular connection tables. The system, when fully implemented and installed, will be used in the production of both the Beilstein Database and the Beilstein Handbook. It is also expected that a PC-version of AUTONOM will provide the chemical community with a new valuable tool. This paper describes the general design of AUTONOM and presents a detailed analysis of software solutions adopted during the work on the system.
KeywordsRing System Compound Name Principal Group IUPAC Recommendation Connection Table
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chemical Structures: The International Language of Chemistry, (1987) Leeuwenhorst Congress Center, Noordwijkerhout, The NetherlandsGoogle Scholar
- 2.IUPAC, nomenclature of organic chemistry, sections A, B, C, D, E, F and H. (1979) Pergamon, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 3.Laboratory of the Government Chemist Conference on Chemical Nomenclature. (Nov. 1987) LondonGoogle Scholar
- 5.Jochum C (1986) American Chemical Society 192nd Meeting, CINF Abstract 128Google Scholar
- 11.Meyer DE, Gould SR (1988) Am Lab 20(11):92Google Scholar